Wednesday, 16 May 2007

Another small step and a concern debunked

Just a small wee step towards my dream today. I visited my doctor and he completed the medical certificate that I will need to obtain my heavy truck licenses. I also spoke to him about my plans and whether he had any concerns with the possibility that I could spend up to 9-12 months of the year in the third world. I asked because of the likelihood that I will develop the same PKD (Polycystic Kidney Disease) as my father and I need to monitor certain things. My doctor expressed no concerns what so ever with my plans as long as I continued to monitor blood pressure, protein absorption in urine and creatinine levels at least once a year. He also said it was an excellent idea to follow my dream now rather than waiting until much later in life when I may be unable to travel if I develop PKD and need dialysis in 20-30 years time.

A good day... I feel a lot happier now. I think I will book the first stage of my truck license this week after U have written an annoying essay for my politics class on war crimes.

No comments:

Quote of the moment

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -- Mark Twain