Tuesday, 15 May 2007

My Whole Life Has Been on Hold Until Now

Another inspirational comment by a likeminded person on the Travelpod network - this one sums up my feelings exactly regarding how people see travelling as "Putting your life on hold";

"Putting life on hold"...

It depends on your perspective really. By life do you mean your job, car, mortgage, day to day routine you are used to? Surely life should be more than that. When you find yourself travelling and experiencing things you only dreamed about back home; that's when you realise that your life has been on hold until now.

It is so very comforting to know others out there feel the same way, however I think we are very well spread out. Travel forums on the Internet seem to be the best way to find people who think like this. I certainly haven't met many in everyday life and I know most people that surround me on a daily basis (especially friends and family) would think the complete opposite to this person. I think that's sad really but to each their own I guess.

No comments:

Quote of the moment

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -- Mark Twain