Monday, 14 May 2007

Every Great Journey Begins with a Single Small Step

Well today I did the first thing towards achieving my dream. I booked my First Aid Course which is one of the requirements to becoming an overland driver. It feels good to actually do something substantial, rather than just thinking and talking about it. Pretty exciting eh? I also feel slightly nervous.... like I just started on something huge and I have no idea how it will turn out.

Next big step will be to book the first stage of my Heavy Truck license... now that's a REALLY big step, cause it will cost me around $800! Wow..... my only real concern about not being able to achieve my dream is health worries. I am sure I will be fine but I do have a nagging doubt that the blood pressure medication I am on may be seen as an issue by any potential employer. My blood pressure can be high but generally the only reason I have to manage my blood pressure is that it will help delay the onset of the PKD that my father has, hopefully to around 20-30 years from now. Maybe more. We will see. I guess all I can do is my best and not worry about the things that are beyond my immediate control.

First steps.... cool... i'm thinking this will be one hell of a journey.

No comments:

Quote of the moment

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -- Mark Twain